October 17th at 7pm EST
Meet the Broadway Wino!
Do you love wine and Broadway? Then you’re really going to love this brand- new virtual wine tasting event lead by Broadway “Mean Girl” . . .
Kate Rockwell, who most recently starred as Karen Smith in Mean Girls: the Musical on Broadway, is turning the spotlight onto her second love . . . wine!
Kate is a WSET-certi?ed wine-lover with several years of experience in the NYC wine industry, and she’s using her time off the Broadway stage to help spread her love of all things vinifera (fancy word for grape).
During this virtual wine tasting 101 class, you will:
- Learn the basics of wine tasting! You’ll learn Kate’s method for tasting wine, the questions to ask when picking out the perfect bottle for any occasion, and why she loves wine! Plus, you’ll be able to ask Kate questions live!
- Try two wines side by side with Kate! She’ll lead you through the tasting and discuss the primary characteristics of those particular styles of wine and the grape varietals used to make them (what makes a California Pinot Noir unique? Why is it different from a French pinot noir? And why is it called something different in France than in the US?).
- Discuss the nuances of the two SPECIFIC bottles Kate has selected to taste! She’ll discuss the individual producers from that particular vintage, how they relate to their overarching “categories” of wine, and why they either ?t or don’t. Wine is like live theater – every bottle is a unique experience, and no two bottles will ever taste the same. That’s what makes each bottle special!
- And of course, no Broadway Wino class would be complete without a special guest! One of Kate’s incredible Broadway star pals will join us for a glass of wine and a little B-way chitchat.
We’ll be tasting the following wines:
- Au Bon Climat Chardonnay 2018
- Presqu’ile Winery Pinot Noir 2018