Easy to make with vegetable margarine, as a vegetarian recipe, although the cookies made with margarine will be softer.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. lightly grease a cookie baking sheet.
- Place the butter, honey and sugar in a small saucepan and heat over low heat until the butter melts and sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the flour, oats, salt, baking powder, almonds and apricots in a large bowl. Pour the butter mixture into the bowl and mix well to form the dough.
- Divide the dough into small rounds. Place each round (1/2 inch) on the cookie baking sheet. Scatter a few apricots and chopped almonds over each cookie, lightly pressing into the dough.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Cool on the baking sheet for approximately 5 minutes and transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
To toast chopped almonds simply place in non-stick pan over high heat for a minute or two, tossing regularly. Alternatively, toast them in the microwave; just spread them on a microwave safe plate and cook at 20 seconds invtervals until ready.
Food in U.S.A.