Curry spice mix has an extra healthy component due to turmeric.
ghee (or clarified butter)
1 lb mushroom (button mushrooms, trimmed)
1 pce ginger (1 inch, peeled and grated)
2 clv garlic (peeled and crushed)
1⁄2 c curry paste (Indian curry paste)
2⁄3 c yogurt (plain)
3 oz spinach (baby spinach)
1 1⁄3 c rice (jasmine rice)
1⁄2 c coriander (fresh leaves)
- In a skillet, heat ghee over a medium heat. Add garlic and ginger and stir around before adding the mushrooms.
- Cook for 1 minute, mushrooms, ginger and garlic. Mushrooms will be a light gold in color. Add in the curry paste and stir-fry until aromatic, about 1 minute.
- Remove the wok from heat. Stir in the yogurt and the spinach until just combined.
- Return to heat and stir-fry for another minute. Do not allow to boil, only heat through.
- Spoon cooked rice into serving bowls. Top with the curried mushrooms and coriander.