Liver is an excellent source of iron and vitamin A. This salad has a red wine sauce. Choose dark green leaves such as lamb lettuce and you'll have the colors of the Holiday season.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice over the sliced avocado to prevent discoloration. Distribute all the ingredients for the salad between two plates.
- Whisk all the ingredients for the dressing - oil, vinegar, salt, sugar, pepper - together to make a vinaigrette. Drizzle over the salad.
- Heat the butter in a pan until it melts and bubbles. Cook the liver 3-4 minutes each side. Remove from heat, season and keep warm.
- Deglaze the pan with the pureed blueberries and red wine. Simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Cut the liver into strips and distribute between the two plates. Top with the red wine and blueberry sauce.
Frozen or canned blueberries work just fine. Crush them or use the blender. Pass the puree through the sieve to remove any bits of skin. Alternatively, substitute 1 tablespoon crushed blueberries with 1/2 tablespoon blueberry coulis or blueberry nectar.
Food in U.S.A.