Any cooked ham can be used but the cherry sauce goes particularly well with Virginia ham with its particular flavor.
- Heat the oven to 350º F. Wrap the ham in foil and warm in the oven for 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan, mix together the brown sugar, corn starch, cinnamon, apple juice and vinegar.
- Heat, stirring frequently, until the sauce boils and thickens. Let it boil for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cherries and cook 4-5 minutes more, or until the cherries are heated through.
- Remove the ham from the oven and distribute on the plates. Ladle a little cherry sauce over the ham and serve.