Soups come in all flavors. Why not try somtehing Mediterranean? Fish and tomato are two well recognized Mediterranean ingredient. Delicious!
- Heat oil in a saucepan and gently fry onion and garlic.
- Add the canned chopped tomatoes, tomato paste and fish stock. Season to taste and bring to the boil.
- Add the rice and simmer gently 5-10 minutes, until the rice is half cooked.
- Add the fish and parsley. Simmer until the fish is done, about 10 minutes more.
- Serve with chunky fresh bread.
To make a seafood and tomato soup substitute 1 pound diced fish with 1 pound raw prawns.
To make this soup with brown rice, cook the rice in water 30-35 minutes in boiling water, drain and add it to the soup, still warm, as indicated by the recipe. It will finish cooking in the soup.
By using canned tomatoes, recipes requiring tomato can be prepred all year round, not only when tomatoes are in season.
Use the liquid leftover from poaching white fish or seafood, with all bits removed, as fish stock.
Food in the World